Monday, February 21, 2011

Perpetual Gray


I’ve been thinking more about fear lately, especially now that I’ve gotten into the “Slender Man Mythos” on the internet. If you are unaware of what that is, please educate yourself and use Google, I promise it won’t be a waste of time. I’ve recently become obsessed with this Mythos, especially the overall tone of it. I get this sort of nostalgic feeling from it all, despite never going through anything such as an eldritch abomination stalking me. The dreary hopelessness, the perpetual gray, the urban horror; I admit, I’m a sucker for that type of atmosphere.

The Slender Man Mythos feels so limited though. I look through all these videos and blogs and I’m just not satisfied with any of it. I haven’t put my finger on exactly why yet. I mean, it’s great and all, really. I enjoy it quite a bit, and I’m even a bit jealous of many of these creators. Looking through forums and such, I see that many of them are like families together…

I kind of want something like that. Something I can just contribute in, where I just create whatever I want in. Where I have colleagues or hell, maybe even friends. I know, I know, that’s selfish of me, but…

No comments:

Post a Comment